A strong cup of coffee and a little bit of makeup can do a lot to brighten your face. But when life gets busy, all the caffeine and concealer in the world can’t hide the signs of too little sleep.
We often use lasers, peels, BOTOX, and dermal fillers to help our London, Ontario, patients appear more refreshed and alert. By adding a few of these treatments to your beauty routine, you can look more naturally well-rested at all hours, even when you’re makeup-free. Don’t worry—your secret is safe with us.
Reduce Bags & Dark Circles
Undereye circles can form for a variety of reasons, such as skin irritation, natural pigmentation, or simple lack of sleep. As you age, you also lose fat volume in your face, which creates a “hollow” depression under the eye.
- VOLBELLA & Teosyal Redensity II can correct dark circles and undereye bags due to lost volume. These specially formulated fillers produce very soft and subtle results, making them an excellent choice for the delicate skin around the eyes. Small hyaluronic acid particles in a gel carrier are injected to fill the hollow space of the tear trough, giving the area a smooth, airbrushed look. If your concerns are due to excess pigmentation, you may need platelet-rich plasma therapy (PRP), a chemical peel, or laser skin rejuvenation.
- PRP therapy uses your own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate collagen production and naturally rejuvenate the skin. This therapy is popular because it utilizes all-natural substances from your own body to reduce eye bags and fade undereye circles.
Rejuvenate Dull Skin
A dewy, youthful complexion can make you instantly look well-rested. The practice offers many options for brightening dull, tired skin.
- Laser skin resurfacing includes treatments such as the Pearl™ fractional laser, which stimulates collagen production through the body’s natural healing process after treatment.
- Carbon peels target the melanin (pigmentation) in your skin cells and break it up so your body can naturally remove it. The heat from treatment also penetrates deep into your skin layers so it can stimulate collagen regeneration.
- Glycolic acid peels use an alpha hydroxy acid extracted from fruits, sugar beets, and sugar cane. It breaks down the superficial top layer of skin to exfoliate dead skin cells.
Smooth and Tighten Skin
Noticeable wrinkles, such as deep frown lines, can make you look older and more tired than you are. These imperfections can be smoothed away with treatments such as injectables.
- BOTOX relaxes the facial muscles that can form dynamic wrinkles. By preventing the muscles from contracting, BOTOX makes your face look smoother and more rested. BOTOX is most commonly used on areas such as frown lines, forehead, and crow’s feet.
- JUVÉDERM is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that binds with the water in your body to plump up the skin and replenish volume. It can also be used to build up “deflated” lips and smooth out wrinkles around the mouth.
- Radiofrequency microneedling creates thousands of tiny channels in the skin, triggering the production of new collagen. The breakthrough Lutronic® INFINI™ microneedling technology we use at DermEffects combines radiofrequency energy with microneedling for treating fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity.
Perk Up Your Cheeks or Lips
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA XC or TEOSYAL Kiss are designed to add youthful volume to the lips and smooth fine lines around the mouth. VOLBELLA can improve thin, wrinkled, or “deflated” lips and reduce the appearance of lines around the mouth for up to 6 months. TEOSYAL Kiss is a great option for improving the contour and providing architecture to the lips.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC: VOLUMA is the first injectable filler approved in Canada and the United States designed specifically to add or replace facial volume in the entire cheek area. It is injected deeper than other fillers and creates a “lifted” appearance. VOLUMA is one of the longest-lasting fillers, with results that may last up to two years.
You don’t need layers of makeup or a caffeine boost to enjoy a refreshed, awake appearance. By talking over your options with a certified dermatologist, you can create a treatment plan that helps you look naturally alert despite your busy schedule.