As the seasons change, so should your skincare routine. Autumn is the perfect time to rejuvenate and restore your skin after basking in the summer sun. Skin rejuvenation treatments can help remove damaged skin cells, replenish collagen, plump the skin, and soften facial creases.
From topical skincare to chemical peels, our medical spa in London, Ontario, has everything you need. Here are some of our top treatments that can revitalize your skin this fall.
Laser and Light Treatments
Laser skin rejuvenation is a great way to refresh your appearance without a lot of downtime. During fall, I usually recommend the following:
- Pearl® laser skin resurfacing: The Pearl fractional laser is an effective procedure for people who want to smooth lines and wrinkles with 1 treatment and not a lot of downtime. The Pearl laser helps stimulate the skin’s natural healing process for smoother, softer, younger-looking skin. Downtime is usually 7 days and results are visible in a few weeks.
- Laser Genesis: This noninvasive, innovative treatment can improve a number of skin concerns, including signs of aging, redness, large pores, and acne scars. There’s no downtime for the Laser Genesis, and 5 to 6 treatments are recommended for best results.
- LimeLight IPL™: LimeLight IPL is ideal for people who are bothered by sun damage, aging, or vascular problems. This treatment improves redness, spider veins, and brown spots using light energy. Downtime is minimal, and most people see the best results after 4 or 5 sessions.
Medical-grade chemical peels can correct superficial to deep skin imperfections, depending on the strength of the peel. Our office offers different options for personalized results.
- Glycolic acid peel: A glycolic peel can be mild, moderate, or deep. Mild and moderate peels improve superficial lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and rough skin texture. Deeper peels can correct advanced signs of aging, are more aggressive, and offer more dramatic changes. Downtime for light or moderate peels is only a few days, while downtime for a deep chemical peel may be 1 week. Peeling or flaking of the skin usually occurs 3 to 5 days after treatment.
- Salicylic acid peel: This type of peel is great for those who suffer from acne or acne scarring. Salicylic acid can penetrate the skin more deeply than alpha hydroxy acids, which helps it deep-clean the pores and target acne at the source. The result is a clear, radiant complexion, with little downtime.
- Carbon peel: Also called the “Hollywood Peel,” the carbon peel is not technically a chemical peel, but the results are equal to that of 4 microdermabrasion treatments. After 1 session, your skin will look glowing, radiant, and plump with tighter pores. What’s best – there’s no recovery period or side effects.
Facials are a gentle way to refresh your skin without downtime. One that I recommend for fall is the reconditioning and anti-aging facial. This treatment targets dehydrated, aging skin, and sun and environmental damage. Your skin will look firmer, healthier, and restored.
To maintain your skin’s health through the change of seasons, a good skincare routine using medical-grade skincare products is essential. During fall, your skin is more likely to be dehydrated, which can make lines and wrinkles more prominent. Make sure you have a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated as the air gets drier. Anti-oxidant rich serums should also be used underneath your daily sunscreen to protect your skin from environmental aggressors.