Dermal fillers are used to treat a number of aesthetic concerns and signs of aging, but not all fillers are intended for use everywhere. Some are specifically designed to get rid of the hollows and dark circles under the eyes while others are formulated to create fuller, softer lips. Before you schedule your first appointment for lip injections in London, Ontario, it’s best to get to know all of your filler options.
Types of Fillers
All dermal fillers fall under one of two main categories: soft tissue fillers or volumizers. The fillers that make up each of these categories are designed for different purposes. In general, soft tissue fillers are used to fill smile lines, wrinkles, fine lines, thinning lips, and shallow acne scars. Volumizers are best for giving the face more definition and improve skin elasticity around the cheeks and eyes. These are the most popular filler options to choose from based on what you’d like to achieve.
Soft Tissue Fillers
- Hydrate the skin
- Renew lost elasticity
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Add volume to the face and lips
- Use a substance found naturally in the body (hyaluronic acid)
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC:
- Adds natural volume and shape to lips
- Reduces wrinkles around the lips
- Uses a unique gel formula
- Can be used under the eyes for dark circles and hollows
- Creates contoured, fuller lips
- Enhances the lip border
TEOSYAL® Redensity II:
- Reduces the appearance of hollows, bags and dark circles under the eyes
- Eliminates under-eye wrinkles
Restylane® Skinboosters™ and JUVÉDERM Volite:
- Improves skin elasticity
- Adds plumpness and volume
- Increases skin glow and radiance
- Increases skin hydration
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC:
- Adds volume to the cheeks
- Creates a lifted result with deep injection
More often than not, those seeking dermal fillers will combine fillers with other treatments in order to get the comprehensive results they want. Patients can safely combine injectable fillers with laser skin resurfacing or platelet-rich plasma therapy to improve the skin’s tone and texture. They can also help extend the results of your fillers as they work to encourage collagen production and replace damaged skin cells, which continues to improve the skin’s elasticity and appearance for months after the fillers wear off.
If you’re looking for a trustworthy cosmetic and medical dermatology practice to perform your lip injections in London, Ontario, DermEffects offers all of these filler options and so much more. Treatments are noninvasive and eliminate signs of aging: wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, scars, and more. Add natural-looking volume to your face or lips today and give yourself a fresh new look this spring!