Body Contouring With truSculpt®
If your diet and workout regimen could use an extra boost, DermEffects offers safe, effective body contouring called truBody™. This nonsurgical combination treatment provides fat reduction with truSulpt® iD and muscle sculpting with truSculpt® flex. Women and men visit our London, Ontario, practice from Sarnia, Cambridge, and Chatham-Kent to slim down and firm up without sweat, surgery, or downtime.
What Is truSculpt iD?
TruSculpt iD reduces areas of excess fat using radiofrequency (RF) energy. When applied to the abdomen and hips (flanks), RF energy heats the underlying fat layer while the surface of the skin is unharmed. Because fat cells are more sensitive to heat than skin and other tissues, just the fat cells are destroyed. Damaged fat cells are flushed away by the body’s natural cleansing process, and treated areas gradually slim down. Treatments are safe, comfortable, and take only 15 minutes. No downtime is needed.
What Is truSculpt flex?
TruSculpt flex strengthens, firms, and tones muscles of the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. This body contouring treatment delivers low levels of energy to induce deep, high-intensity muscle contractions that simulate twists, squats, and crunches. Treatment intensity can be adjusted to your fitness level, needs, and goals with the following treatment modes:
- Prep mode is a gentle warmup and stretch that prepares the muscles for a workout using a repeated twisting motion.
- Tone mode enhances muscle strength and endurance by causing the muscles to contract and hold, then relax.
- Sculpt mode builds muscle mass and increases the amount of resting energy needed through fast, deep, repeated muscle contractions.
Up to 8 areas can be treated in a single 45-minute session. It is equivalent to 54,000 muscle contractions, an intensity level beyond what we can achieve during regular exercise. There is no downtime needed.
TruSculpt flex also increases basal metabolic rate, enhances core stability, improves pain in rehabilitating patients, and is an excellent preconditioning treatment before surgery.
How Quickly Does truSculpt Work?
Our truBody patients usually begin with a 1-hour treatment that includes truSculpt iD and flex. After that, they return for 3 additional muscle sculpting treatments, although patient needs and experiences vary. Results develop over time as follows:
- truSculpt iD: Results can often be seen after a single treatment, with a 15% to 20% reduction in fat after 12 weeks.
- truSculpt flex: Optimal results are achieved in 8 to 12 weeks, with an average of a 30% increase in muscle mass after 4 sessions.
If you want to learn more about nonsurgical body contouring in Ontario with truSculpt iD and truSculpt flex, request a consultation using the online form to meet with Dr. Loo and her team. Or call our office at (519) 472-8686 to schedule an appointment.